HELLO!

THIS IS A LITTLE PEEK INTO MY DAILY LIFE AS A TEDDY BEAR DESIGNER & CREATOR. I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

If you would like to take a look at my website Jac-Q-Lyn Bears you will see my latest creations.

Thursday 28 October 2010

LOOK WHAT'S DOWN MY ALLEY!!


This is Wiscus a new design of wacky Kat from the Trash Can range, it is great fun making this new range as your imagination can run wild.  Normally I produce pretty, fluffy Kats with either a soulful look or a grumpy one :-).  So to make one that looks like it has been out on the tiles and upto no good is fun.


Wiscus is 14 inches tall and a One of a Kind Kat with a very long stretched body.


Wiscus is made from a antique style, golden tan coloured German mohair, which looked scruffy before I had a hand to it. His inner ears, paw pads and face are made from a beige coloured cashmere fabric.

Wiscus's muzzle and paw pads have been heavily needle sculpted and detailed with chocolate brown airbrushed detailing.   His ears are slightly blushed with a touch of pink, one even has a bit of fake repair work to hide one of his wounds.


This Trash Can Kat has orange hand enamelled glass eyes with beige cashmere eyelids and a big black, thread bare hand embroidered button like nose.  

Poor Wiscus looks like he has been in many a scrape and rummaged through a lot of bins, but also looks as if he has not always been top cat and has the scars and a bandage on his tail to show for them.

Wiscus is off to live in California where I am sure his new owner will feed him well and tend to his wounds.  I bet it won't be long before he is back to his old habits.

I hope Wiscus has made you smile.

If you would like to see a some of the other Kats I have produced click on www.jacqlynbears.com and go to my Kats page.



5 comments:

  1. Ohhoo very sweet. I like it. -- Dirk --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think you're right, this one looks stoned lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqui!
    My name is Evgenia.
    I wandered on blogs and have found yours. Your works are magnificent! They very kind also it is visible that are made with the big love!
    Thanks you for positive mood which became at me when I have visited your blog!

    PS: sorry for my bad English

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hihi* he looks sooo cool! love him very much! best wishes and a very nice weekend!
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete