HELLO!

THIS IS A LITTLE PEEK INTO MY DAILY LIFE AS A TEDDY BEAR DESIGNER & CREATOR. I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

If you would like to take a look at my website Jac-Q-Lyn Bears you will see my latest creations.

Saturday 31 July 2010

RAINY SATURDAY - AGAIN!!!!

Where has the summer gone to??? it has done nothing but rain here for the last two weeks.  Ideal bear making weather, but not so pleasant when you have to go out.  To make myself feel better (really I don't need any excuses to buy shoes) I have bought myself some really trendy shoes, but the sad thing is I do not want to get them wet heehee!  I just had to buy them as they have anime style bears on them....at this point you must really think I have gone mad, well you could be right, but they are super trendy and I think every bear maker/collector should have a pair.  No I am not that brave to show you a picture, you will just laugh!

Well better get back down to earth LOL!!! I thought you might like to see my husband Darren's latest Furgotton Bear called Newton.  I caught him going through my mohair seeing if I had any good for him to use...cheeky monkey he has his own stash of mohair, trouble is his is not colourful enough for me so he is on a safe bet that I won't come knocking for any of his.




Newton found a home very quickly an is off to live with a lovely bear collector in sunny California.

I have been making Urchin elephants, its been awhile since my last one.  This one is called Bilbo, he is in a wonderful heathery coloured curly mohair and his large droopy inner ears and feet are made from a dusky heather colour cashmere fabric.  I just had to give him cheery coloured, hand knitted overalls to wear.  I have another two to get on with, so better leave you for the moment.





Wishing you a super weekend!

1 comment: