HELLO!

THIS IS A LITTLE PEEK INTO MY DAILY LIFE AS A TEDDY BEAR DESIGNER & CREATOR. I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

If you would like to take a look at my website Jac-Q-Lyn Bears you will see my latest creations.

Saturday 17 April 2010

WILLY & WILSON


I really do not know where the days are going to at the moment, I can't believe it was Easter when I last posted.

I have managed to squeeze in a Toy-Box Treasure and a modified Urchin inbetween orders. Wilson is a real charmer who is 14 inches tall who has a proper hump and traditional amber glass eyes. He proudly wears is genuine Pipaluk 1967 badge and has been named after the British Prime Minister who was in office in 1967, Harold Wilson. To read a bit more about Wilson please take a look at his information on my website. My other creation is little Willy who has been created from my Urchin pattern, but for a change instead of the usual black glass eyes I have given him blue hand enamelled glass eyes, needle felted eyelids with a touch of white to set them off. I am really enjoying the needle felting techniques and especially the wool felt making which gives me loads of fun dyeing. I love the effect I can create when doing my usual button like noses on my wacky bears as I can now give them a marble or batik effect. I can't wait to find time to make one of my Grogs with my new batik effect wool felt nose.

Its a beautiful sunny Saturday and very quite in the skies above with the problems about the Volcano dust. I have boxes of bears hanging around East Midlands Airport at the moment waiting to get on planes, but it looks like they will be still there until Monday, never mind I hope they are all having a party together:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment