HELLO!

THIS IS A LITTLE PEEK INTO MY DAILY LIFE AS A TEDDY BEAR DESIGNER & CREATOR. I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

If you would like to take a look at my website Jac-Q-Lyn Bears you will see my latest creations.

Monday 15 November 2010

A PATTERN RE VISITED


FRATELLINI


Fratellini is a 19 inch antique style clown bear, who's pattern I have re visited after more than 6 years, this style of bear is from my original Arts & Crafts range, which were mainly made from reproduction antique style upholstery fabrics, but this time I have decided to incorporate German mohair into the bear.


Fratellini is a One of a Kind bear who is based on the European clowns called Auguste which have white circles around their eyes with black detailing and red and black face paint.  Fratellini does have the white circles around his eyes but instead of the red and black face paint I have decided to use the colours in his body and clown hat.



This quirky looking clown bear is made from a very rich looking red and black striped upholstery fabric for his body arms and legs which I have aged and distressed to give the appearance of a bear that would have come from the early 19th century, the front of his body has been complimented with two extremely large rusty bells to give the appearance of a clown suit.  I have also made him an aged cotton ruff edged with black antique lace and a little clown hat to match with a little rusty bell on the top. His oversized head is made from a sparse, antique brown German mohair which has also been aged.  Fratellini's paw pads have been made from a beige, thick quality German wool felt.



Fratellini has very large antique black glass eyes with white needle felted detailing and a big threadbare embroidered nose which has been slightly waxed.

Fratellini is fully jointed and firmly filled with a heavy weight stuffing.


I have really enjoyed re visiting my old pattern and now have plans for a full range of these clowns, which will all be based on genuine old clowns from the past.

If you would like to see more of my "Arts & Crafts" Bears as I release them, please EMAIL ME to be added to my mailing list or visit my website JAC-Q-LYN BEARS

Fratellini is now on his way to live in Scotland.






2 comments: